Thursday, August 4, 2011

Only the Good die Young

My highschool class president was the most cheerful and friendly girl in our class, she was a twin and was diagnosed with some form of cancer our senior year... she passed away the next year. Two years ago our class clown who was a tall, handsome, and crazy funny guy passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack at the age of 24.

Today my coworker and friend passed away at the tender age of 18. I cant fathom the pain of his mother, grandparents, or sister but as his work family I have to say its really painful. With a heavy heart and a foggy head I will say this:

J.B. They say only the good die young and it is unfortunatley devestatingly true.  You were one of the few genuinley nice people i have ever met! It is unfortunate and heartwrenching that God called you to his side earlier than anyone would of wanted you to go. I will miss your huge smile and playful attitude...We all loved you like family and we are completley heartbroken by this tragedy. I threw your water cup away today after staring at it for what seemed like hours.. I accidentally drank from it yesterday and forgot to tell you...but I am sure you would of laughed at me and said its ok. I did design a tshirt for you like you asked me to yesterday i was going to order it today. I saw the pole and heard how you passed and all I can think is that I really hope you did not feel any pain you went in peace. Tonight I'm praying for your mother  and asking God to give her strength.  I'm also praying for the rest of the wonderful and young people in our lifes for it seems those are the first to go. Your last words to me were "See you later Laura, have a good one!" I will see you in the next life my friend... You will be GREATLY and truly missed....

No comments: