Friday, October 16, 2009

Pessimisim at its best


So last weekend I went to a "Trade Days" event with my mother. It's similar to a flea market/fair/festival/EVENT that a small nearby town hosts twice a year.

We walked into an Art booth and we both gawked at a beautiful large painting of a cowboy riding a horse down a hill holding flowers on one hand and a red box in the other hand.

My mother immediately said, "Aww would you look at the poor guy, how sad, he's taking flowers to his beloveds grave."

With my jaw to the floor (in shock) I turned around and said " MOM!! hes OBVIOUSLY taking flowers and a box of chocolates to his girlfriend. Why would a dead person need chocolates?"

We left the Booth laughing.

She finally admitted to what my sisters and I have been bugging her about for years.
She is the eternal pessimist. Her cup will always be half empty, and the flowers will be for a grave.

No comments: